Study for Cultural Center
The Chicago Public Library Building, completed in 1894, fronts the
busy corners of Michigan Avenue between Washington and Randolph
streets. The large arches and columns were inspired by the gateway in
Athens, Greece which divided the Roman and Grecian section of the city.
The Washington Street view we see here utilizes the Roman architecture,
while the Randolph Street entrance emulates classic Greek designs.
Busy pedestrians and an older CTA bus chugging down its Michigan
Avenue route complete the scene.
8x10 Inches Oil on Board
|Copyright 2007 Dan Howe. All Rights Reserved|